Friday, May 10, 2013

      As a Christian with sickle cell anemia, blood has an all encompassing impact on my life. Much like the raging inferno of a California wildfire, the blood that circulates within demolishes what I hold especially dearly on its widespread path of destruction. Bringing about both physical and mental anguish in many forms. It has knocked me down so harshly and completely that I know I don't have any strength or will to continue this arduous voyage.
          Yet Jesus' blood circulates through the depths of my soul. His claret gives me such strength. He is my only oasis, when I find myself wandering aimlessly in the dessert or hopelessly adrift and lost in the vast unbearable sea He is the island of my hopes and dreams that I fervently seek.  I have neither the will nor desire to take a single step, but I have God's love; and whilst in this moment when I'm in the most bleak passage of my earthly sojourn, with my heart drained of hope and joy. I still seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment